We’re very excited to announce the launch of LinkedIn data archiving via the LinkedIn API. This new method of collection will provide a vastly improved representation of the information that you and your connections on LinkedIn see. All of your LinkedIn profile information, connections, and network updates will now be archived in CloudPreservation‘s easy to view, searchable and exportable archive.
Now, when you setup a new LinkedIn Profile feed, you’ll be asked to log in to LinkedIn and provide CloudPreservation access to your profile.
By giving CloudPreservation.com access to your account, it will be able to archive the information from your profile from the API, which includes information that is not available to non-signed in LinkedIn users. We’ll now be collecting:
- All of your profile information, including eduction, experience, publications, patents, skills, contact information and more.
- A profile of all companies in your experience, including company contact information.
- A list of all of the people you are connected to on LinkedIn.
- All of your network activity: status updates, comments, likes, questions asked, answers to questions, shared links, updates to your profile, new connections, application updates and more.
- Comments and likes on your network activity by people in your LinkedIn network.